Since Omega 4 has come out in 17/08/2013, people have noticed that there has been a big change in O4. It became SASS compatible ;-)
Have been using SASS in Zen, I find we need to install more gems to run compass watch than Zen. Just to make a note here for the extra gems.
First of all we need to create a subtheme under Omega 4:
- drush dl omega
- drush en omega
- drush omega-wizard (simple command to create subtheme. Make sure to choose the version with SASS files built in.)
Now we need to take a look at the compass and gems:
- sudo apt-get install rubygems
- sudo gem update
- sudo gem install sass
- sudo gem install compass
Now we can start to use SASS for ZEN, but it is not enough for O4.
- sudo gem install compass-normalize
- sudo gem install compass-rgbapng
- sudo gem install toolkit
- sudo gem install susy
- sudo gem install sass-globbing
After installing above gems, we should be able to run 'sudo compass watch' and enjoy the life with SASS in O4.